SRAM NOTTS AND DERBY CYCLO CROSS LEAGUE COMMITTEE MEETING
WEDNESDAY 23 FEBRUARY 2011 8pm at THE BREWERY TAP, DERBY
PRESENT: Julian Gould, Simon Whitham, Adrian Waters, John Holmes, Louise Kirkham, Karen Lifford, Andrew Naylor, Sarah Naylor, Lee Shunburne, Steve Hand, Gavin Hardwicke, Harry Gould, Fred Lambert, Ian Gascoigne, Bob Wood-Anderson, Russell Cox, Peter Riley and Mary Gill.
1. APOLOGIES: Roland Sutton and Mick Gascoigne
2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
Held Wednesday 2nd February 2011 omitted to record Andrew Naylor’s apologies – otherwise were read and approved.
Proposed: John Holmes (JH), seconded: Karen Lifford (KL) – Carried.
3. MATTERS ARISING
Mary Gill (MG) wrote to VC Long Eaton regarding suitability of Trent Meadows as a venue. VC Long Eaton’s Louise Kirkham (LK) was present at the meeting and explained that it was likely that the club would not promote again if a venue couldn’t be found in the immediate Long Eaton area. Discussions will continue between LK and Karen Lifford (KL).
SRAM sponsorship contract ongoing.
Prize presentation received two volunteers – Jim Crew and DMRC who are organising the 2011 event and Simon Whitham (SW) – the committee is very grateful.
Nothing has happened with St Mary’s College.
“Problems” with BC mailing lists persist KL is continuing to pursue.
4. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
Julian Gould (JG) – Not a great deal to report – all items to be covered as agenda items (below).
5. SECRETARY’S REPORT
MG – Nothing to report – all items to be covered as agenda items.
6. TREASURER’S REPORT
Harry Gould (HG) – nothing much has changed since last meeting. Levies from final two events are in. The prize fund should be as previously agreed.
Trophies need to be chased – U23, Woman, V40, U10 boy, U12 boy, Youth team.
ACTION: MG to post on forum.
Mick Gascoigne has been paid. No further expenditure is expected.
7. RACE REVIEW
— 5 February 2011 – Ashfield RC – Darley Moor
— No problems. No catering. Catering problem discussed – van sold. New owner may be interested.
ACTION: HG to let MG have details of new caterer, MG to contact when new calendar available.
— 19 February 2011 – Matlock CC – Thornbridge
— No problems. The placement in the pits of unsupported bikes was discussed with the possibility of providing some kind of “structure” to support them “out of the way” of pit teams. There was also some discussion about the dimensions of the start boxes.
8. Lap TIMING SPREADSHEET
Sarah Naylor (SN), the developer, operated the system for the senior race at Darley Moor – small difficulties, easily resolved in early laps.
MG operated the system for the senior race at Thornbridge – a few glitches resolved to a race result within 30 minutes.
Again, Andrew Naylor (AN) and SN operated the system for the BSCA event on 20 February at Thornbridge with few problems except battery life!
9. SPONSORSHIP EXTENSION
Covered in Matters arising earlier.
10. PROPOSALS FOR THE AGM
Much discussion around age categories with Steve Hand presenting 201011 season data: League riders U10 = 85, U12= 45 and Youth = 49.
Revise age categories U9s and U12s. For: 8, Against: 4.
ACTION: IG to refine and advise precise wording.
11. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
AN asked the committee to attempt to avoid big gaps in the calendar when date fixing.
HG asked that the draft SRAM sponsorship contract be amended to request a higher race numbers, also banners.
ACTION: IG to follow up.
Russell Cox requested assistance to bring in permanent race numbers – these will be used as spare numbers into next season and thereafter.
ACTION: MG to post on forum.
Next meeting is the AGM 16 March 2011 8pm – Engineers Club, Osmaston Road, Derby (upstairs room) – All welcome.