Thanks to a generous legacy gifted to NDCXL by Frank Griffiths the League is able to support Under 16, Junior and Under 23 cyclists racing abroad. This funding aims to make the step up to international competition easier for riders and families by providing a small amount of financial support.
NDCXL Under 16, Junior and Under 23 riders can apply for support to the value of £100 when planning to race cyclocross abroad. Successful applicants must have raced regularly in the NDCXL as Under 16s, Juniors and/or Under 23s (as appropriate) and finished in the top 15 at the end of each season.
A claim form (2019-09-17-Youths racing abroad-application form-v2) should be completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th October. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by 31st October. Successful applicants will receive funding after submitting a trip and race report to email@example.com.
- Funding is only available to riders who are racing in cyclocross events outside the United Kingdom.
- Applicants must be racing in the Under 16, Junior or Under 23 categories in the current season.
- Applicants must not be receiving a salary.
- Applicants must be racing regularly in the current season of the NDCXL and must have raced in previous seasons of the NDCXL.
- Applicants must have finished in the top 15 in last season’s NDCXL final league results.
- Applications for funding must be made on the official claim form and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th
- Applications are limited to one per season per rider.
- Where riders from the same family are eligible for funding only one application per family will be considered.
- There is no guarantee of funding.
- Applications will be considered by a sub-committee of the volunteer team that administers the league.
- Identify the events you wish to race in and plan your trip
- Complete the NDCXL Frank Griffiths Fund application form
- Send completed application form to email@example.com
- Deadline for submission 15th October
- Applicants will be informed of outcome by 30th October
- Go and race abroad
- On returning successful applicants should submit a report on their trip and the races that they entered. Send report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On receipt of the report funding will be paid to the applicant to a specified bank account by the League’s treasurer
- Please note that if it is found that the rider has brought the league into disrepute, they will forfeit all support, and will be required to refund in full the balance of any subsidy if already paid.