Riders supported for 19-20 season
|Finn Mansfield||Racing with the Belgian Cyclocross Project, U23. Three trips: September, Dec/Jan, February to race Superprestige and DVV races.|
|Xan Crees||To race U23 at Koppenburg Cross and Ruddervorde, November 2019|
|James Swadling||To race U23 at Koppenburg Cross and Ruddervorde, November 2019|
|Ellie Dilks||To race Junior at Koppenburg Cross and Ruddervorde, November 2019|
|Lotta Mansfield||To race Junior at DVV Louenhout, DVV Baal, DVV Brussels Dec/Jan|
Thanks to a generous legacy gifted to NDCXL by Frank Griffiths the League is able to support Under 16, Junior and Under 23 cyclists racing abroad. This funding aims to make the step up to international competition easier for riders and families by providing a small amount of financial support.
NDCXL Under 16, Junior and Under 23 riders who meet the criteria can apply for support to the value of £100 when planning to race cyclocross abroad. Successful applicants must have raced regularly in the NDCXL as Under 16s, Juniors and/or Under 23s (as appropriate) and finished in the top 15 at the end of each season. Follow the application process to submit your claim for funding.
- For the 2020-21 season, applicants must have been selected to represent their country. It is hoped that we will be able to return to normal criteria in Autumn 2021.
- Funding is only available to riders who are racing in cyclocross events outside the United Kingdom.
- Applicants must be racing in the Under 16, Junior or Under 23 categories in the current season.
- Applicants must not be receiving a salary.
- Applicants must be racing regularly in the current season of the NDCXL and must have raced in previous seasons of the NDCXL.
- Applicants must have finished in the top 15 in last season’s NDCXL final league results.
- Applications for funding must be made on the official claim form and submitted to the league Chair.
- Applications are limited to one per season per rider.
- Where riders from the same family are eligible for funding only one application per family will be considered.
- There is no guarantee of funding.
- Applications will be considered by a sub-committee of the volunteer team that administers the league.
- Receive confirmation of the events you have been selected to race.
- Complete the NDCXL Frank Griffiths Fund application form (2019-09-17-Youths racing abroad-application form-v2).
- Send completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants will be informed of outcome – it usually takes a little over two weeks.
- Go and race abroad.
- On returning successful applicants should submit a report on their trip and the races that they entered. Send report to email@example.com.
- On receipt of the report funding will be paid to the applicant to a specified bank account by the League’s treasurer.
- Please note that if it is found that the rider has brought the league into disrepute, they will forfeit all support, and will be required to refund in full the balance of any subsidy if already paid.