East Midland Squad – Inter Areas Cyclo-cross 2014
The East Midland Region (EMCCA_ is again funding a Squad to attend the Inter Area Cyclo-cross Champs at Hardwick Hall Chesterfield on the 9th November 2014.
All East Midlands riders are eligible, this is not based on local leagues.
Youth Selection criteria:
- All riders will need to race the following events
- 4th October – NDCXL Shipley Park – Heanor Clarion CC
- 19th October – Lincs League Church Farm, Stroxton – Witham Wheelers (TBC)
- 26th October – WMCCL Misterton Hall – Welland Valley OR BC National Trophy Southampton Wessex Cyclo-Cross League
Performances in 2013 and early season events in 2014 will also be taken into account. We are looking for the following ingredients and riders being Bike Racers.
- Attacking riding – ability to make repeated efforts
- Bike handling ability – cornering skills etc
- Finish position
- Tactical awareness
- Riders racing at a level in line with the events we will be attending
- Being self-responsible and able to function under their own steam AND within a Team Environment.
Parents WILL NOT be allowed in the team Area, therefore now is the time to get into the groove and function under your own steam.
Parents WILL BE allowed in the Pit Area.
To register your interest to be involved with THE TEAM, RIDERS need to contact Team Manager Steve Palmer prior to the 28th September.
Eligibility: Youth A and B Boys Team of 4, Youth A and B Girls Team of 4.
Senior, Junior, Veteran and Women selection criteria:
If you wish to be a part of this team please register your interest. Performances in 2013 and early season events in 2014 will be taken into account. We are looking for Bike Racers.
To register your interest to be involved with THE TEAM please contact Team Manager Steve Palmer prior to the 28th September firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only riders who register their interest will be considered for selection. The makeup of the squads will be decided once all the names are in.
*Riders will need to make there own way to the Event.
Should Parents or Riders require any further information with regards to the Squads then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
The Youth Team will be announced after the last selection race on the Day. The remaining teams will be named on the 27th October.
Over to you Bike Racers, Get In Touch
The Team is being funded by the East Midlands Cyclo Cross Association
In the run up to the event and including the selection races I will out and about looking for riders who reach the criteria below: