Minutes – SRAM NDCXL meeting 5 December 2013

NDCXL logoSRAM Notts & Derby Cyclo-cross League meeting

Thursday 5 December 2013 7:30pm at The Red Cow, Allestree



Andrew Naylor – Fossa RT
Sarah Naylor – Fossa RT
Russell Cox – South Pennine RC
Pete Turner – Derby Mercury RC
Lee Shunburne – Fossa RT
Dave Ash – Nottingham Clarion CC
Andrew Stuart – Nottingham Clarion CC
Chris Rowe – Team Zenith – Buzz Cycles
Kath Rowe
Steve Hand – Derby Mercury RC
Mac Lambert – Heanor Clarion CC
Mac Lambert Senior – Heanor Clarion CC
Richard Shenton – Beeston CC
Gavin Hardwick – Fossa RT
Mary Gill – Heanor Clarion CC



Matt Crouch, John Holmes, Martin Stocks, Pete Reilly, Neil Mansfield, Steve Crapper and Karen Lifford.


Minutes of previous meeting:

The minutes of the previous meeting were taken as read, agreed as a true and accurate record.

  • Proposer: Lee Shunburne (LS); 2nd: Sarah Naylor (SN) – For 13, Against 0, Abstained 0 – CARRIED

      All complete except Steve Hand (SH) still to obtain Women’s trophy who has made contact but is yet to receive a reply.

      Also PR role – agenda item below.


Chairman’s report:

Bramcote 70p refunds – The meeting agreed that the unclaimed refunds would go to DEC Philippines Typhoon Appeal.

Midland champs race formats – The meeting discussed and agreed that the formats will be as published.ACTION: Mary Gill (MG) to communicate via Forum.

Sponsorship update – A proposal has been submitted to SRAM, hope to hear back after Christmas.

PR update – Andrew Naylor (AN) has been in touch with Richard Shenton’s (RS) contact Melanie Berry of Very Berry Sports Marketing (Beeston CC member and NDCXL rider). They discussed the possiblity of producing pre season, post season and post event reports.Pete Turner (PT) asked about the possibility of more video reports.

Russell Cox (RC) questioned the target of such PR activities.

ACTION: AN to speak with Mel Berry about the possibility of a couple of trial reports.

SN has created a document to help organisers explain the sport and League.Updates re Matlock CC and VC Long Eaton events – Nottingham City Council are interested in having the League use Bulwell Hall Park, Southglade Park and Broxtowe Country Park.Matlock CC cannot use Thornbridge, any future use would need to be early season. Matlock’s Chris Green has various venues he’s talking to.

VC Long Eaton have informed the League that he doesn’t have a venue.

U9U12 start – The committee re-affirmed its support for start marshals of U9U12 races in the face of continued misuse of the start areaprocedure. If the problem recurs at future events then Comms should discuss with parent and request appropriate action, in the case of repeated difficulties in the face of non-compliance the child will be disqualified and as a last resort removed from the League.


Secretary’s report:

 Nothing to report.

Treasurer’s report:

 Nothing to report.


Race reviews:

Round 9 – Nottingham Clarion CC – Holme Pierrepont – 16th November – Good course length, parking fine. Excellent to have all race starts from the boxes.Round 10 – Derby Mercury RC – Markeaton Park – 23rd November – Weather almost cancelled this event on Wednesday, a meeting with Derby City Council’s Tracy Collins and Markeaton Park grounds staff allowed DMRC to convince them that ground conditions could be managed and remedial actions taken. SeniorVets and Youth course was a little to long. Again, great having youngsters start from boxes.



AN expressed concerns re venue security. He, LS and Karen Lifford are working on an evidence pack for BCcyclo-cross organisers to use.

PT asked the meeting to consider support the Derby City Council plans for an outdoor cycling circuit at the velodrome – details on the Forum.


Next meeting

Thursday 16th January 2014 7:30pm – The Red Cow, Allestree