Minutes – SRAM NDCXL meeting 2 May 2013

NDCXL logoSRAM Notts & Derby Cyclo-cross League committee meeting

Thursday 2 May 2013 7:30pm at the The Red Cow, Allestree



Andrew Naylor – Fossa Racing

Sarah Naylor – Fossa Racing

Martin Stocks – Matlock CC

Kyle Burleigh – Fossa Racing

Mick Gascoigne – Matlock CC

Margaret Gascoigne

Pete Turner – Derby Mercury RC

Mac Lambert – Heanor Clarion CC

Steve Hand – Derby Mercury RC

John Holmes – Empella RT

Karen Lifford – British Cycling

Mary Gill – Heanor Clarion



Richard Shenton, Neil Mansfield, Christ Willett, Lee Shunburne, Gavin Hardwicke and Graham Snodden.


Minutes of previous meeting:

The minutes of the previous meeting were taken as read, agreed as a true and accurate record.

  • Proposer: Andrew Naylor (AN); 2nd: Mac Lambert (ML).
Matters arising are all covered by Agenda items.


Updating the Rules and Constitution

Steve Hand (SH) confirmed that the Rules were in the process of being written up according to the previous meeting.

Karen Lifford (KL) explained that the draft Constitution was based on the British Cycling proforma and incorporated important points from the previous version.

Specific Constitution points were discussed, including:

General meetings

    • Such meetings need 14 days clear written notice to members
    • An agenda will be published not less than 5 days before any general meeting, and all motions to the meeting should be reeived not less than 7 days before the meeting
    • The quorum for all general meetings is 6 members or 10% of the total current membership which ever is greater.
Voting entitlement will be 2 votes per club, plus 2 private member representatives.

  • Proposer: Sarah Naylor (SN); 2nd: Martin Stocks (MS)
    For: 9; Against: 0; Abs 2

Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM)An EGM shall be called by the Secretary within 14 days of the request to that effect from the elected committee or on the written request of not less than 14 members signed by them. Such an EGM shall be held on not less than 7 or more than 21 days’ notice at a placed decided upon by the elected committee or in default by the Chair.

Elected committee

    • Composition – The elected committee shall consist of at least three and not more than 16 members (including Officers).
    • Elected committee meetings – At least 6 members must be present for the meeting to be valid.
The definition of “Lifetime” NDCXL members is to be clarified.

ACTION: SH to continue work and present to the next meeting.


Summer Test Event

A test event is being proposed for Sunday 7th July. This will incorporate a Commissaire training course, the organisers meeting, a Go-cross event and test the chip timing system. Details, including venue, to be discussed further at next meet.


Organisers Meeting

The organisers meeting, to be incorporated into the Summer Test Event, was discussed.


Additional League event – Long Eaton

VC Long Eaton have requested a NDCXL event – the proposed event will take place on 25th January, Draycott as possible venue.


Event registrations update

Still only about 50% of proposed events have returned their event registration forms to EMCCA secretary.



The meeting gave the OK for Chris Willett (CW) to continue investigations into her proposed Prize Presentation evening.

ACTION: CW to continue investigations.

The meeting discussed a tribute trophy in Harry Gould’s name in recognition of Harry’s contribution to NDCXL.

  • Proposer: John Holmes (JH); 2nd: SH
    For: 10; Against: 0; Abs 1

Sarah Naylor informed the meeting that neither the NDCXL accounts, cheque book or current funds had been received. Harry Gould, previous treasurer, has indicated his intention to close the existing League bank account and hand over funds in approximately 5 months, then have the books audited. Consequently the League has no working capital. AN to approach the EMCCA for a loan. The committee was keen to appoint an affordable auditor – JH volunteered to approach his contact.

ACTION: AN speak with EMCCA regarding loan and JH to approach auditor and arrange transfer of books with Harry Gould.

JH reported that he still needs many more Commissaires to support the proposed League calendar.

Next meeting 13th June at The Red Cow.