NDCXL Volunteer Team Vacancies
The NDCXL provides support and advice to organisers of League events. This involves ensuring British Cycling Regulations are adhered to, negotiating sponsorship contracts, ordering and supplying consumables and equipment, providing timing services, race information such as start lists, preparing results and league tables, communicating League news, looking after finances and much more.
The volunteers who make it all happen are divided up amongst seven teams: Admin, Communications, Events, Results, Finance, Logistics and Officials. Each has a number of volunteers allocated to it and we always need more.
Below are volunteer vacancies that we require urgently.
We need someone to manage the website and social media accounts. There are already people who can help with social media, but we need someone to take the lead and to keep the website up to date.
- The website is easy to maintain now that it is set up. You need to be comfortable logging into web sites and have a good grasp of how to efficiently lay things out. You need to be able to write instructions and information that is easy to understand.
- You will need to upload the league tables that are sent to you after each race. You do not have to create them or do any of the calculations.
- Twitter is also quite straightforward. We currently use Tweetdeck that allows for time-delayed posts to be set up and posted at key times.
- Facebook is mostly re-posting links from the website and making sure that any discussions there are highlighted to the committee.
If you can help, please contact us using https://www.ndcxl.org.uk/contact/
Events Team – Volunteer Role
The Events Team now need volunteers to help with this year’s events. The growing number of events and changes in BC and League regulations means that the information we provide to the event organisers is growing in volume and complexity.
What you will be doing:
There are a range of different roles and tasks that we need help with, including the following:
- Running Microsoft Excel macro spreadsheets to convert the British Cycling race start lists into a format that can be used by the League within a 3 day window prior to each event (Monday to Wednesday prior to Saturday event). Approximately 90 minutes to complete the process for each race.
- Reconciling data supplied by BC to the information generated in the League Excel spreadsheets.
- Use of the British Cycling data input system for setting up new events.
- Communicating with and providing general support and assistance to Event Organisers mainly via email.
- Liaising with other Team members to co-ordinate tasks and deadlines.
The skills you will need:
- Good Microsoft Excel skills (Running macros (Not creating them), copying, pasting, checking formulae, subtotals, general formatting).
- Regular use of email, Google Drive (Potentially).
- A positive attitude to reconciling and balancing data & information.
- Good communication skills including use of email.
- An ability to meet the deadlines within the Team for sending info. Out before races.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to upskill yourself and increase your knowledge of the League and CX event management.
- The chance to meet new people and gain new experiences
- Opportunity to help the cycling community.
- If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity please contact us via the ‘contact us’ form https://www.ndcxl.org.uk/contact/
Finance Team – Volunteer Role
A vacancy will arise in Spring 2020 as our existing NDCXL Treasurer will be stepping down. This key role could be carried out by one or two volunteers working together closely, with one person acting as the named Treasurer.
Working with the Chair, Secretary and other key volunteer members of the NDCXL Committee, the role includes:-
- Managing League accounts through a secure on line account
- Managing the League finances, including making on line payments and receiving income from race organisers on a monthly basis
- Receiving and responding to emails at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Processing annual Club Affiliations
- Reconciling the League accounts and reporting to regular NDCXL General Meetings
- Preparing an annual summary for the League AGM
The role requires on average 1.5 to 2 hours per week, with summer months, when clubs are affiliating, and during the race season being the busiest times.
In terms of skills, an understanding of financial processes, knowledge of Excel and attention to detail are required plus a commitment to support the smooth running of the League. A full handover will be provided by the outgoing Treasurer.
If you would like to discuss what’s involved, please contact us via the form https://www.ndcxl.org.uk/contact/