NDCXL logoSRAM Notts & Derby Cyclo-cross League meeting

Thursday 8 January 2015 7:30pm at The Red Cow, Allestree

MINUTES

Present

Andrew Naylor – Fossa RT

Sarah Naylor – Fossa RT

Lee Shunburne – Fossa RT

Neil Mansfield – Nottingham Clarion CC

Fred Lambert – Heanor Clarion CC

Pete Turner – Derby Mercury RC

Richard Edge – Nottingham Clarion CC

Ian Bradley – Heanor Clarion CC

Richard Shenton – Beeston CC

Kyle Burleigh- Fossa RT

Chris Watson – Matlock CC

Mick Gascoigne – Matlock CC

Gavin Hardwicke – Fossa RT

Chris Rowe – Team ZenithBuzz Cycles

Kath Rowe – Team ZenithBuzz Cycles

Mac Lambert – Heanor Clarion CC

Andrew Stuart – Nottingham Clarion CC

Pete Lifford – PM

Karen Lifford – British Cycling

Russell Cox – South Pennine RC

Steve Hand – Derby Mercury RC

Mary Gill – Heanor Clarion CC


 1 Apologies:
John Holmes and Graham Snodden
 2 Minutes of previous meeting:
The minutes of the previous meeting were taken as read, agreed as a true and accurate record.

  • Proposer: Pete Turner (PT); 2nd: Gavin Hardwicke (GH) – For 17, Against 0, Abstained 0 – CARRIED
3 Chairman’s report:
Andrew Naylor (AN) thanked Steve Hand (SH) for his service to the League providing results and League tables for 11-12 years.
AN informed the meeting that League medals are in production.
4 Secretary’s report:
Nothing to report.
5 Treasurer’s report:
Sarah Naylor(SN) informed the meeting that British Cycling (BC) have recently emailed clubs regarding tax liability for organisations with turnover in excess of £30,000.
ACTION: SN to seek guidance regarding League position.
6 Event reviews:
15 November – 9 – Nottingham Clarion CC – Holme Pierrepont: Andrew Stuart (AS) made various modifications to course and pits. Venue authorities had no complaints regarding parking or access. Good event. Incident with Junior rider handed up a can of lager, reported to BC and issued with a written warning.
22 November – 10 – Derby Mercury RC – Markeaton Park: Different course, flowing lines. Russell Cox (RC) thought the start finish area perfect. Youth, Veteran and Senior laps a little too long. Gaps between youth race categories also too long at 1 minute.
13 December – 11 – Team ZenithBuzz Cycles – Darley Moor: Course a little too long (Youth good at 5:30 min lap), however an excellent event for a first time organiser. Ideal lap length less than 8 minutes. Expensive venue.
28 December – 12 – Matlock CC – Bakewell Showground: Cold, picturesque venue. Great start finish area. Lap lengths all satisfactory. Seniors given lapsrace duration at start line because of the exceptional weather circumstances. Consider taping wider around pond andor closer marshalling. Number pinning issues still arising.
AOB
Arrangements for presentation evening well under way. Room and entertainment booked. Roller racing to be provided by Matlock CC. Competition for cycling related desserts – “Great British Bike Off”. Raffle ticket price included in entry ticket price – 1st prize a League season pass.
Trophies – Permanent trophies as last season. Budget of <£1,500 for medals, engraving, etc agreed.

  • Proposer: SN; 2nd: RC – For 18, Against 0, Abstained 0 – CARRIED
Neil Mansfield (NM) asked if the meeting knew how long is the longest “Ever present”, ie who’s raced the most consecutive races.
ACTION: SH to investigate.
NM asked who should receive the “Spirit of the League”.
ACTION: Mary Gill (MG) to ask for nominations on websiteforumsocial media.
SN mentioned that she was looking into possible alternative websites for event registrations.
Lee Shunburne (LS)  informed the meeting that the League is now liable for missing chips. Current tally is likely to cost around £300. Consider trialling holding licences in lieu of chip – in the foam pads. Fossa to trial at Chetwynd.
ACTION: LS to chase chips via Forum. Fossa to trial chiplicence exchange.
SH asked about the image appearing in Facebook posts. MG explained that Facebook selects a large recent image when auto-posting from the website.
Pete Turner (PT) asked about the possibility of category winners race receiving 100 points rather than 200 – this could be proposed to the AGM.
Karen Lifford (KL) informed the meeting that BC is planning another commissaire course for later in 2015.
Richard Edge (RE) asked the volunteers stepping down for descriptions of their roles in order to create adverts for the League website.
 Next meeting:
Thursday 19th February 2015 7:30pm
AGM – 13th March – venue tbc
Tagged with →  
Share →

2 Responses to Minutes – SRAM NDCXL meeting 8 January 2015